If you have knee or hip pain, joint replacement surgery could help restore your independence and get you back to your daily activities. At the KCH Orthopedic Center, we use the best evidence-based practices to get you on the path to a healthy, pain-free lifestyle quickly.
Why Choose the KCH Orthopedic Center?
The KCH Orthopedic Center is the community’s new comprehensive joint replacement program for hip and knee replacement.
The KCH Orthopedic Center offers patients:
- An innovative best practice model for hip and knee replacement, combined with next generation, advanced analgesic treatment to decrease post-operative pain and nausea.
- A redesigned environment and work processes that enhance the patient experience and satisfaction.
- Standardized protocols that often facilitate early ambulation, rapid discharge, and accelerated recovery.
- A comprehensive system to measure clinical, functional and operational outcomes, and benchmarks to compare our outcomes with hospitals nationally.
- A dedicated inpatient unit combining educational, medical and rehabilitation services with private rooms.
- A unique staffing model that integrates education, personal coaching and clinical excellence under a common goal of rapid recovery and improved quality of life.
Our Orthopedic Specialists
This program is under the medical leadership of Dr. Leamon Williams, Orthopedic Surgeon and Physician Champion. Orthopedic surgeons who are a part of this program include: Dr. Phillip Penny, Dr. Dean Jansen and Dr. Jeffrey Hartzell.
Our goal is to return you to an active lifestyle as quickly as possible. Most patients will be able to walk the first day after surgery and move toward normal activity in 6-12 weeks.
Contact UsMegan Stillman, RN, BSN Joint Care Coordinator and Sheryl Collins, RN Joint Care Coordinator, can answer your questions about this program. Or, you can schedule a tour. Her phone number is:
Why Have Joint Replacement Surgery?
Each year, more than 700,000 people decide to have joint replacement surgery (most commonly hip replacement or knee replacement surgery). This surgery:
- Relieves knee pain and hip joint pain from conditions like hip bursitis and degenerative joint disease
- Restores independence
- Returns patients to work and the daily activities they love
Available publications for download
- KCH Orthopedic Center Overview Brochure
- KCH Orthopedic Center Partial Knee Replacement Brochure
- KCH Orthopedic Center Total Knee Replacement Brochure
- KCH Orthopedic Center Total Hip Replacement Brochure
- KCH Orthopedic Center Osteoarthritis of the Knee and Hip Brochure
- KCH Orthopedic Center Alternative Treatment for Arthritis Brochure