eLearning Childbirth Education
The eLearning Childbirth Education Program is an interactive web-based program that includes animated illustrations, videos and voice-overs and can be viewed on a PC, Mac or mobile devices. High speed internet is advised but dial-up will work; it will take longer to download.
The program includes:
- Access to the eLearning program for 6 months starting from the first time you log in. You will receive an access code after you register.
- One face to face class with a registered nurse educator. This class is optional and is available at KCH Birthplace. You can sign up by emailing Becky White at email@example.com or by calling Becky White at (574) 372-7885 (574) 372-7885 .
- A handbook and other written materials will be offered during the face to face class.
- Childbirth education and labor support
- Discomforts of pregnancy
- Understanding labor and birth
- Labor guide
- CPR instruction
- Caring for yourself postpartum
- Feeding your newborn
- Caring for your newborn
The eLearning childbirth education program is FREE.
For more information, please call The KCH Birthplace at (574) 372-7640 (574) 372-7640 .
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the eLearning program?
The Gift of Motherhood eLearning program is an interactive course with audio, videos and games that will allow you to understand all aspects of pregnancy and childbirth, as well as postpartum care and breastfeeding.
2. What do I need in order to view the program?
You’ll need the most recent version of Adobe Flash, a fast internet connection (DSL, Cable or other broadband) and Adobe Reader. You’ll also need a computer with sound and speakers or headphones to hear the audio.
3. How do I use it?
Read the eBook just like you would a traditional book by turning the pages. Also, be sure to click on all of the icons to learn more. Some icons open a video or animation, others give you added information. If you see a word in green, you can move your mouse over it to learn the definition. Be sure to click on the buttons below the flipbook that contain information about your hospital and community.
4. What if I’m having difficulty?
First, make sure your internet connection is working by visiting some other websites. Then, make sure you have the newest version of Adobe Flash. You may need to uninstall the previous version of Flash before you install the new version. For instructions on how to uninstall Flash, visit their support site.
5. What if I can’t see anything?
It may take a few minutes for the program to load. When internet access is slow, the eBook may load more slowly than normal. If, after a several minutes, nothing appears, try restarting your computer.
6. What if the videos don’t work?
Give the videos a moment to load and make sure you have the latest version of Flash. If it still doesn’t work, try restarting your computer.
7. What if my code doesn’t work anymore?
Try reentering the code, making sure there are no spaces before or after the code. If that does not work, contact the administrator at your hospital to make sure the code is still active. Note: All “0” are numerals. If these suggestions do not help, please notify your educator for assistance.
- Sound Card
- Speakers or Headphones
- Updated Video Card
- Approximately 512MB RAM
- 1 Ghz processor (recommended)
- Access to a nearby printer (optional)
- Active X controls enabled
- Pop-ups turned ON
- Latest version of Adobe Macromedia Flash Player
- The latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader installed
- Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher, FireFox or Safari
- Full Accessories installed with Windows operating system
- High Speed Internet access
- Java enabled
Access eLearning From Your Mobile DeviceiPhone, iPad or Android Devices
- You will need to download an app to view the program on these devices. Search for the "Puffin Web Browser" app and download either the free trial version (16 days) or full version.
- Open the Puffin App on your device.
- Enter the web address provided by your facility.
- Enter your access code and tap "Go".
Kindle Fire or Nook Color
- Kindle Fire - turn your flash settings on. This is located under Settings/Behavior/Enable Flash.
- Open your web browser and enter the web address provided by your facility
- Enter your access code and tap "Go".
- "Notes" option does not work on Nook Color
- To access PDF attachments, tap on the icon in bottom left corner.
All Mobile Devices
- Check to make sure your volume is on and adjusted correctly.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Acrobat Reader installed.
- To view animation on page 26
- Tap on icon in the top right corner.
- Select "mouse" in the bottom right.
- A track pad will appear that is controlled by clicking and holding with both fingers and moving the magnifier glass over image.
For more information about the eLearning program, please contact your healthcare provider. Contact device support or app support for app related questions.