Chronic, non-healing wounds, those that haven't shown signs of improvement in several weeks or are not responding to typical treatments, need extra help to heal. Difficult wounds of this type are often caused by injury, disease or poor blood supply. Kosciusko Community Hospital provides specialized treatment for these types of wounds.
If you suffer from a chronic or non-healing wound, speak with your physician about our Wound Care Clinic. You may be a candidate for our outpatient program. If you are, the Wound Care Clinic will work with you and your doctor to deliver:
- Advanced therapies.
- Proven clinical protocols.
- An individualized, comprehensive plan of care that brings you the most appropriate and effective treatments for your particular needs.
- Assessment and ongoing care by our highly skilled team of wound care specialists, including a case manager who will oversee every aspect of your case.
- Thorough training for you and your family on caring for the wound at home.
- Education materials and resources related to prevention, nutrition, hygiene and other key topics for you and your family.
- Ongoing communication so that you and your doctor stay informed and up-to-date on all aspects of your healing.
Frequently asked questions:
Does this mean I have to change doctors?
Not at all. The Wound Care Clinic works with your personal physician in the same way as we would any medical specialist. We keep your doctor informed on all aspects of your treatment with frequent progress reports. While you'll be receiving treatment for your wound from the Wound Care Clinic, you'll continue to receive all of your routine care from your physician.
Does insurance cover treatment?
Many health plans cover Wound Care Clinic treatments. We can help you determine what your specific plan covers.
What can I expect at the first appointment?
The first appointment consists of an in-depth assessment by our wound care team, a review of your medical history, blood tests or additional tests if needed, and recommendations for your treatment plan. Please bring your medical records, insurance card, a list of all medications you are taking, and a list of allergies you may have to the first appointment. Expect to spend several hours at the Clinic.